Jefferson County Health Department COVID Vaccine Appointments:
Schedule by Phone: 1-304-728-8416
Vaccines are now available for anyone 12 years and older. (Pfizer vaccine)
Pharmacy Vaccinations: Updated 04/07/21
To search for COVID-19 vaccines available in your area, please visit VaccineFinder.org.
3rd Vaccine Dose Information: Updated 08/19/21
Who Needs an Additional COVID-19 Vaccine?
CDC recommends that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive an additional dose. This includes people who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
For most vaccinated people, a 3rd dose is not yet recommended or authorized but might be in September or October for the other people who received their second dose of Moderna or Pfizer at least 8 months earlier.
People should talk to their healthcare provider about their medical condition, and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for them.
COVID-19 VACCINE REGISTRATION FAQs
What age group can receive the vaccine?
The Pfizer vaccine is now available for all individuals age 12 and over and the Moderna vaccine is available to all individuals age 18 and over. To stay up to date on vaccine information, please check our website and Facebook page often, or check the WV DHHR website for updates.
Where can I find information about upcoming vaccine clinics?
To stay up to date on vaccine information, please check our website and Facebook page often. You can also find additional information on vaccines available in our area on VaccineFinder.org.
How can I schedule an appointment for the vaccine?
You can schedule an appointment to receive your vaccine at the Jefferson County Health Department by calling 1-304-728-8416. Additional information on vaccines available in our area can be found at on VaccineFinder.org.