Select Page

Public Complaints

Complaints are investigated after a signed written complaint form is completed and registered with the office at the health department. Complaints are only investigated on cases that are on establishments that this office has jurisdiction to regulate. The health department does not investigate into personal or contractual disputes between individual neighbors or landlord-tenant disputes. These disagreements are most often settled by the magistrate court.

We can accept food-related complaints via phone due to the urgent nature of food-borne illnesses. Call us at 304-728-8416 (press 2 for the Environmental Health Office). Examples of this type of complaint would include a restaurant operating without hot water or seeing rodents in a grocery/convenience store.

View News & Alerts by Category

Receive Alerts by Email


Public Health Newswire Latest News