Select Page

Environmental Services News and Alerts

Well & Septic Information Request Fee- Proposed Increase

Well & Septic Information Request Fee- Proposed Increase

Jefferson County Health Department, 1948 Wiltshire Rd., Suite 1, Kearneysville, WV 25430

As required by §64-51-9 of the Bureau for Public Health Legislative Rule, Health Departments are required to advertise to make the public aware and receive public comment regarding proposed fees for its services.

The Jefferson County Health Department is proposing to increase the well and septic information request fee from $10.00 to $25.00. The increase is necessary to support the staff hours spent on these tasks.

Comments on this proposed fee must be submitted by July 29, 2021 to the address above or emailed to Questions may be addressed to

COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic

The next community vaccination clinic will be by appointment only. Please follow the instructions below to schedule an appointment. 


*** For WV Residents Ages 65 and over.

How to Schedule:

With Internet:

  • Utilize the following link to schedule online ASAP: .You will receive a callback with your appointment date and time.
  • You will need to provide an accurate phone # and email address (listing of medication and insurance information is not required).
  • Please be sure to select your correct county of residence.

Without Internet:

  • If you do not have internet access, please call: 304-267-1304.

Please be patient:

  • Vaccine supplies are still limited as interest in receiving the vaccine continues to grow.

To stay up to date on the state vaccine information, please visit the vaccine webpage:

COVID-19 Vaccine Waitlist Now Open to Ages 70 and Older

Our COVID-19 vaccine waitlist is now open for ages 70 years and older. Please refer to the instructions below for how to be added to our waitlist.

If you are 70 years or older, a resident of Jefferson County and are interested in being added to our COVID-19 vaccine waiting list, please fill out the “contact us” section on our web site here:

If you do not have access to the internet, please call the Health Department at 304-728-8416 to be added to the waiting list. Due to the high number of phone calls we are receiving, you may have to leave us a message. We are asking that you send your request through our website instead of calling, if possible. If you have already called or emailed the Health Department asking us to add you to the waiting list, you do not need to contact us again. We will contact everyone who sends us a request to let them know they have been added to the list.

We do not know when vaccines will be available for other age groups or for people with underlying conditions. We will continue to update you when we have more vaccine available. All questions about this or any other COVID-19 vaccine questions should be addressed to the State’s vaccine call line: 1-833-734-0965.

To stay up to date on the State vaccine information, please visit the vaccine webpage:

Proposed Changes in Fees for Permits

The Jefferson County Board of Health has received updated fees for permits issued from the State of West Virginia. The revised rates can be downloaded below. You may also request a copy by email or in person at the Health Department.

Comments will be received until September 4, 2020. Comments may be sent by email to or by mail to the address below:

Jefferson County Board of Health
1948 Wiltshire Road, Suite 1
Kearneysville, WV 25430

Environmental Health Fees 2020

View News & Alerts by Category

Receive Alerts by Email


Public Health Newswire Latest News