Jefferson County update:
- As of Friday, March 6, 2020, there have been no confirmed cases in Jefferson County
- We are developing a COVID-19 FAQ page for our website to address common questions and concerns
- We are continuing to meet with our local, regional, and state partners to share information and coordinate response efforts
West Virginia update:
- As of Friday, March 6, 2020, there have been no confirmed cases in the state of West Virginia
- There is a new website to provide information to healthcare providers and community members: www.coronavirus.wv.gov
- A call center has been set up to handle inquiries from the public and healthcare providers: 1-800-887-4304
Healthcare providers should review and update their emergency plans, including continuity of operations plans. If you suspect a patient has COVID-19, contact the health department or the WV Division of Infectious Disease Epidemiology for guidance on risk assessment and specimen collection.
Individuals should continue the same protective actions used against seasonal cold and flu. Wearing masks in public is unnecessary unless you are immune compromised or have other health issues and have been directed to do so by your doctor. Follow the CDC’s travel recommendations.