Our mission is to protect the health of the public through the provision of public health services including communicable and reportable disease services, community health promotion, environmental health services and threat preparedness. This is accomplished through clinics, educational material, enforcement, disease control, planning, immunization, technical assistance and inspections. Our medical services are available to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin or ability to pay.
Board of Health
Board of Health Meeting Minutes
Minutes for previous Board of Health meetings are posted on this page once they are approved by the Board, typically at the next regular meeting, You can also view previous meetings at our YouTube Channel: JeffCoBOH WV.
Board of Health Meeting Agendas
Board of Health Meeting Agendas are posted on this page, at the Health Department, and at the County Courthouse. Regular meetings must be noticed at least 5 days before the meeting, special meetings at least 3 days. Emergency meetings will be given as much notice as possible.
Click here to view our Contact page where you will find information regarding how to reach the JCHD by phone, email, etc.
Click here to go to our Directory page where you will find a variety of resourceful numbers, such as the WV State Poison Center, Police, Division of Natural Resources, Secret Service, FBI, and more.
How Do I?...
Click here to view our “How Do I?…” page where you will find several frequently asked questions along with their answers
News and Alerts
- American Red Cross
- Animal Welfare Society of Jefferson County WV
- Breast Cancer Awareness Cumberland Valley
- Briggs Animal Shelter
- CDC – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Charles Town Library
- Food and Drug Administration
- Food Safety Posters
- Hospice of the Panhandle
- JCCM – Jefferson County Community Ministries
- Martinsburg Public Library
- Medical Online
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- National Weather Service
- Radiation, Toxics and Indoor Air Division
- Salvation Army
- Shenandoah Womens Center
- Threat Preparedness Homeland Security Website
- West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources
- Child and Adult Protective Services
- West Virginia Legal Aid