Select Page

Lead Testing

Lead based paint is a major source of lead poisoning for children and can also affect adults.

In communities where the houses are old and deteriorated both inside and outside the home, lead-paint mixes with household dust and soil and becomes toxic.

Lead rarely occurs naturally in water; it usually gets into the water from the delivery system. Service connections, pipes, solder, and brass fixtures are all parts of the water delivery system that can contain lead.

Signs and symptoms of lead poisoning may include: headaches, stomachaches, nausea, tiredness, irritability, behavioral problem, learning disabilities, and seizures.

The health department may be able to assist in testing water and paint in cases of lead poisoning.